Friday, December 3, 2010

What a way to start the morning.


So first it starts with Chloe oversleeping (my alarm clock) and therefore I overslept. I managed to get her up and dressed well before 9 for preschool. Well her Nana came back here and got her. The other day, my mother-in-law got her truck stuck because she didn't park in the right spot of our very muddy, wet driveway, and I managed to get it unstuck. I very specifically told her HOW she needed to maneuver and where to back up so that she didn't get stuck in the mud. So today when she leaves, does she listen? No, she decides she'll reverse down the entire driveway and winds up stuck in the ditch. She got herself stuck so well that this time I couldn't unstick her, and she had to call my father-in-law to pull the truck out with the tractor.
In the mean time I notice one of our dogs, Missy, is missing from the fenced yard. (She's always been our escape artist being a dauchsie.) So I'm hollering at the top of my lungs in my nightgown trying to track her down, hearing her barking from the Parish property next door. At the same time I'm sitting there trying to get a hold of Scott to let him know that yet again Missy has found a way to get out of the yard. I call his desk line. No answer. I call his personal cell phone. No answer. I call his work cell phone. No answer. So now I'm getting pissed. First of all, I'm 35 weeks 5 days pregnant and could have this baby any day now due to preterm labor and I can't get a hold of my husband! Second of all, my damn dog has gotten out and I can't find her. Third of all, my mother-in-law is stuck in the mud because she didn't ask me to either move the truck so it won't get stuck, or listen to how I told her how to get out the other day after I unstuck her the first time she got stuck. And finally, my stubborn 2 year old who has a mental hang up on walking is now late for school. I'm ready to climb back in to bed or in a deep hole and never come out of it. Oh yeah, its really a wonderful life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment